- The National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD) invites applications from investigators willing to participate with the NICHD under a cooperative agreement in an ongoing multi-center clinical program designed to investigate problems in neonatal medicine, particularly those related to low birth weight, prematurity, and common neonatal medical problems.
- The NICHD intends to commit approximately $6.4 million in total costs [Direct plus Facilities and Administrative (F and A) costs] in FY 2006 to fund 13 to 16 new and/or competing continuation grants in response to this RFA.
- An applicant may request a project period of up to five years and a budget for direct costs up to $180,000 per year.
- This funding opportunity will use the NIH Cooperative Clinical Research (U10) award mechanism(s).
- Investigators may submit an application if their institution has any of the following characteristics: For-profit or non-profit organizations, Public or private institutions, such as universities, colleges, hospitals, and laboratories, Units of State and local governments, Eligible agencies of the Federal government.
- Eligible principal investigators include any individual with the skills, knowledge, and resources necessary to carry out the proposed research are invited to work with their institution to develop an application for support. Individuals from underrepresented racial and ethnic groups as well as individuals with disabilities are always encouraged to apply for NIH programs.
- An applicant institution may submit only one application in response to this RFA.
- Applications must be prepared using the PHS 398 research grant application instructions and forms (rev. 9/2004). The PHS 398 is available at http://grants.nih.gov/grants/funding/phs398/phs398.html in an interactive format. For further assistance contact GrantsInfo, Telephone (301) 435-0714, Email: GrantsInfo@nih.gov. Applications must be received by the date listed under Key Dates, above.
- Telecommunications for the hearing impaired is available at: TTY 301-451-0088
Who can apply:
City Or Township Governments
Federally Recognized Indian Tribal Governments
Independent School Districts
Native American Organization
Non-Government - General
Nonprofits Having A 501(C)(3) Status With The IRS, Other Than Institutions Of Higher Education
Nonprofits That Do Not Have A 501(C)(3) Status With The IRS, Other Than Institutions Of Higher Education
Other Private Institution/Organization
Private Institutions Of Higher Education
Private Nonprofit Institution/Organization (Includes Institutions Of Higher Education, Hospitals)
Public And State Controlled Institutions Of Higher Education
Public Housing Authorities/Indian Housing Authorities
Quasi-Public Nonprofit Institution/Organization
Small Business (Less Than 500 Employees
Special District Governments
State (Includes District Of Columbia; Includes Institutions Of Higher Education And Hospitals)
U.S. Territories And Possessions (Includes Institutions Of Higher Education, Hospitals)
Eligible functional categories:
National Institute of Child Health and Human Development Extramural Research
If you have problems accessing the full announcement, please contact:
NIH OER Webmaster